“ I joined BCHW to be in the know about local trails in the area, so I can enjoy them with my horses. Having moved here a few years ago, I am so happy I joined our Buckhorn Range chapter. They are an open, friendly, active bunch that diligently plan and take action to repair or build new trails the JeffCo community uses. I am an advocate for shared natural resources, I try and help as much as I can, and if I cannot physically do work due to other commitments, I support in other ways, supplying plenty of cheer and encouragement to the chapter. The talks they schedule are relevant and informative. ”
Benefits — What’s In It for You?
- Make a lasting difference – save and keep trails open for all
- Give back, pay it forward – be part of a national movement
- Be part of a supportive group with a wealth of life and stock experience
- Be part of building new trails
- Learn the culinary secrets of delicious trail and camping food
- Help from a group of horseman with hundreds of years of experience
- Access to resources for trails and riding
- Cultivating new friendships
- Lively and engaging programs – authors & clinicians
- Participate in annual BCHW Rendezvous
- Discounts at local stores
- Mentoring opportunities
- Connect with other organizations and individuals who are trail advocates and users
- Trail safety and Leave No Trace education
- Stock Disaster preparedness and emergency network resources
- Chapter-sponsored rides and campouts
Who Should Join
Do you … ?
- Love the outdoors
- Hike, bike, walk (or stroll)
- Want to see our trails stay open for everyone
- Like to connect with like-minded people
- Want to learn something new
- Want to learn about the local trails
- Want to make a difference
- Consider yourself an explorer
- Like good food
- Like camping (or glamping) with or without a horse
- Happen to ride horses or pack
Anyone interested in supporting the activities of our chapter – including current, future, and armchair trail riders or walkers – are encouraged to join. You will receive the national and state newsletters. These contain timely information on equestrian efforts across the country and state to develop and maintain horse facilities and trails. We host a Chapter ride each month locally, have programs of interest at our monthly Chapter meetings, a Christmas party, and horse campouts (camping, with horses.) Plus, we always have a lot of fun when we get together!
How to Join (or Renew)
In order to join our local chapter, you will also need to become a member of the Back Country Horsemen of Washington (BCHW). The Membership Application allows you to join both organizations at the same time.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES
The dues for 2020 are $8 for the local Chapter Dues. This is in addition to the State BCHW Dues ($41/single or $54/family). The total dues for a single membership are $49. The total dues for a family membership are $62. The membership year is January 1st to December 31st.
To join (or renew) online click on the Join! button. Check the Buckhorn Range Chapter box (top of the list).
If you would prefer to print and fill out a paper form and pay by check, click on the Download button, print and complete the application and 1) mail to the address on the application, or 2) bring it with you to our monthly Chapter meeting (2nd Friday of each month at the Tri-Area Community Center in Chimacum).
Click the Download button to download a Membership Application. The application is a 2-page PDF, with the Liability Release on page 2.
If you would like more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.