Back Country Horsemen of Washington (BCHW), is a 501 (c) (3) organization with 35 chapters across the state dedicated to: keeping trails open for all users; educating horse users in Leave-No-Trace practices; and providing volunteer service to resource agencies.We are networked with Back Country Horsemen of America Inc. (BCHA), in 25 other states. Come join us for good friendship, good information, volunteer opportunities, and the chance to make a difference!
THE PURPOSE OF BACK COUNTRY HORSEMEN
The primary purpose of Back Country Horsemen of Washington is to work toward the perpetuation of the legal and moral claim by American people to use horses and mules for recreation on public lands.
· Unite horsemen as a viable contracting group to work with governmental agencies to achieve the goals and objectives of the Back Country Horsemen of Washington.
· Encourage responsible citizen involvement in governmental actions effecting public lands.
· Oppose unjustified restrictions and closure to horse-use, on public lands.
· Educate and inform horsemen and others interested in or effected by policies and programs of the Back Country Horsemen of Washington, about the impact of horse use on backcountry lands, especially fragile areas.
· Demonstrate that horsemen are citizens concerned about protecting the environment, as well as sustaining economic equilibrium for the community and country.